Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Meet the new girls!

I'm thrilled to introduce you to our new DT members that will be joining the returning DT for the next 6 months! Before I do, I just want to run through the challenge format. As a lot of you already know, there are going to be some changes to our challenge schedule, too. With the introduction of the card team, the Sunday challenges will rotate between card and layout challenges. The Wednesday extra feature will remain, with new inspiration each week from a member of the project team!

We will be starting afresh with Mr Linky in the sidebar (all being well!) from this coming Sunday, and all projects for the month should be linked there to be entered for the monthly prize. We have a cool sponsor for February, but I'm not going to share that with you just yet, you'll have to check back for that later in the week! As before, each challenge within the month will count towards the monthly prize, so the more challenges you play along with, the more chances you have to win!

So... here is a little more information about the new faces we have joining us!

Layout Team

Heather













I'm a mommy to 2 adorable girls with a hubby who supports my crafty obsessions. By day, I work at home as a marketing executive for a major tech company and at night after the kids go to bed (and on weekends while they are busy) I can be found in my craft room playing with papers and embellies. I only define my style as random; I go where the pictures and papers lead me. I am continuously trying to think of new and different techniques to try. I am excited to be here at The Studio as a designer and look forward to sharing my passion for crafty things with you. Visit my blog to see some of my latest projects http://thespottedleopard.blogspot.com/

Nadia


My name is Nadia Cannizzo. I live in Sydney Australia but I was born and raised in Greece. I migrated to Australia when I was 12 . I have 2 little girls and a very tolerant husband who has given up on arguing with me about the amount of scrapbooking stuff I get delivered!! I am a primary school teacher and LOVE my job.  I have been scrapping for just under 2 years now, but I believe my style has just taken off in the last few months. I dont exactly know my style. It changes from week to week! I know that I like a lot of layers, a lot of embellishments and details. I am extremely passionate about expressing my feelings for my children and above all I just want to tell my daughters that they were loved and wanted!  So I  love JOURNALLING on my pages and you will rarely see a layout I have not written something on. This is the reason I started scrapping! I would have to honestly admit that i am indeed ADDICTED to this craft because, just like a lot of mothers out there with 2  little kids at home EVERYDAY (and I work too!), I can at times go a bit nuts and and so I'm very glad I have this wonderfult hobby to relax me and  help me unwind and be a better mummy the next day! http://samnadia.blogspot.com/

Teresa


I live in Melbourne, Australia with my husband and three children. I've been scrapping in one form or another most of my life: I remember putting photos and stories in handmade books when I was a little girl. I've been doing layouts for about four years, and have been fortunate to have some pages and other work published. My favourite sized layout at the moment is 8.5 x 11, and new supplies just get my heart racing. I love paper!! I'm excited to be working with all of the girls at The Studio Challenges - there are so many different styles from which to be inspired, I look forward to trying new things and learning and growing as a scrapbooker. http://www.thetamarisk.blogspot.com/

Card Team

Brenda


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My name is Brenda Rose, and I’m so glad to be a card team member for The Studio! I live in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota with my husband, our son, a spoiled beagle, and a sassy black cat. I started scrapbooking about 21 years ago. There wasn’t much out there back then. But, my, how things have changed! As you get to know my card-making work, you’ll notice that my style is definitely clean lines, but with loads of floral, bling, and a vintage feel mixed in. I hope that you find something new in my work and that it inspires you to take out your paper crafting supplies!

 
Natalie









My name is Natalie Hearn and I am a teacher turned SAHM to Noah (5) and Abigail (2.5). We live on the beautiful Central Coast of NSW, Australia. I am a coffee addicted clean freak who loves nothing more than a relaxing day at home...and those are hard to come by :).


I started cardmaking and scrapbooking not long after Noah was born...it was a slow start but currently my status would be considered 'Addicted!' I love to add texture to my cards and a card without ribbon feels almost naked to me :). I also love to distress and to add a little vintage to my creations. I am more than happy to admit that paper and glue make me a little giddy....ok, ok, alot :). I love that there is so much wonderful inspiration out there and most days I stumble across amazing creations that make me want to sit down and create for hours.
My favourite products are patterned paper...polka dots are my thing :), ribbon, distress inks and my new love is my white paint dabber. I am frequently published in Australian Cardmaking, Stamping and Papercraft magazine and am on the design team for Scrap with V.

You can see more of my cards and paper projects on my blog, http://nataliehearn.blogspot.com/
 
Rossella
 

My name is Rossella, I'm Italian and I do scrapbooking for about 2 years. I love to do LO, cards, mini album, using many embellishments, ribbons, buttons, scraps of paper! I love stamps of all kinds, in short, I love to scrap! I enjoy so much taking pictures, thinking about how to achieve a good page to keep my memories!

My favorite color is purple. For scrapbooking I prefer to work with the whole range of cool colors.
What can I say more? I do not have a defined style, I like to watch the material and decide how to combine it together! My rule is relaxing and fun! http://arcobalenodiross.blogspot.com/

Project Team

Irini














My name is Irini and I am a work at home mum (mom) so I have an extremely messy (creative) house!!
Scrapbooking became a part of my life when I gave birth in 2003 to my son.
My work is ever evolving.... paints and misting are my passion and are always present in my layouts, I love incorporating them with pretty paper and embellishments...I dont think I have a style I just love to mess it up a bit.
I share my creativity and snippets of family life here http://thelimitationsofthought.blogspot.com/

Jules










I love everything about scrapbooking; how it lets me be creative, showcase my photos and preserve my memories, all at once. I can think of nothing better than to be surrounded by pretty paper, embellishments and glue! I especially love to try out new ideas and techniques, and I can't wait to share some of them with you as a member of The Studio DT Project Team :oD http://www.scrappingmojo.blogspot.com/

Julie

http://thetuckerwolekclan.blogspot.com/
Coming soon...

Welcome to the team, ladies!

Be sure to stop by their blogs and say hi! I'm lucky enough to have seen some of the things they are creating for the upcoming challenges and they are going to blow you away!

Have a great Tuesday!
Amanda x

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the new DT - it will certainly shake things up - and a BIG thank you to the retiring DT members for their inspirational crafting over the past months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to get started with the new team members, and the new format at The Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooooooooooo excited to work with everyone! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ew, looking forward to seeing the new DT at work x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!