Sunday 24 October 2010

Sunday challenge

There was a collective groan when we saw this challenge come up but I think you'll agree that the design team did a great job with it and we hope that it'll inspire you too. Don't forget to upload your challenge using the sidebar to be in with a chance of winning a Scrap Rat prize :)

"OK, I'm running the risk of scaring all of our followers away this week. It's a toughie, according to majority of the Design Team! For me, who could write until the cows come home, it was not so hard!

Are you ready? Your journalling must take up at least 50% of your scrapbook page."

Our Guest Designer, Justina, created this stunning LO:

Hello! I found this week's challenge tough, since I'm not used to writing so much on my LOs! I sorta cheated, since all my journalling is hidden, but if you look at all of the writing at one shot, it does fill up more than 50% of the LO... :) I used a sketch over at Crate Paper, and used each square in the sketch as a "door" behind which I added some writing. Each door is decorated with an aspect of my son at 21 months (for example, his love for boats, hats, airplanes and books, as well as his ability to identify certain alphabets etc), along with some corresponding journalling behind the door. There is also a letter to him hidden behind the photograph! I really enjoyed this week's challenge, and now I have a neat little record of my boy's development at 21 months. :) Thanks for the amazing challenge!

Amanda:

My layout focuses on the relationship between the two men in my life. I wanted to put down my thoughts on them and what they mean to each other, and how I love the relationship they have. Believe it or not I had trouble limiting what I wanted to say!

Anna:

Well this was a challenge! A lot of journaling doesn't really suit my scrapping style as I like quite a lot of white spaceon my layouts. I had this photo that had a funny story attached to it that I thought would take a of explaining so would be good for this challenge. I wrote the story out in a block and put it on my page with the photo and I didn't know what to do with it as it took up so much space!! So I had to cut the story into smaller blocks so it gave me more to work with!

Fabi:


Material used: papers from crate paper, cosmo cricket. buttons (no brand),
laces (no brand) and blings from maya road, felt: arte.1 (Brazililan brand).

I simply LOVED this challenge...i love writting and never did such a huge journaling - ever! This was a page made really from my heart and will be a great memory for my family. Thanks Amanda for this inspiration!

Here a close up:

Nic:
As I am a bit of a 'war and peace' journaler and usually end up trying to condense what I want to write into far, far fewer words - I loved this challenge!


Although I like to journal, for this LO I didn't want my journaling to overpower everything else on the page and ideally wanted to achieve a soft, faded look. So I got out a pencil, some tissue paper and mod podge and had a go at a bit of paper mache pasting, which I have to say was a lot of fun!

Rebekah:Given that today is my son's 4th Birthday this was an easy choice for me and I wrote my little boy a letter on his 4th Birthday. I actually love journalling and for me it's a great way of capturing the moments that go with a photo. I just don't like my hand writing is all :)

Tessa:

I could go on and on and on about my little one, Jaxon, but I decided to use someone else's voice for this challenge. I recently fell in love with a song by Mindy Gledhill called "Hourglass" that perfectly suits my feelings and thoughts about my son. My journaling is the lyrics to that beautiful song. To mix it up a bit I chose words that I wanted to stand out and "wrote" them in alpha stickers. The rest is my handwriting - the messy places are where Jaxon climbed into my chair with me :)

Valerie:
For this challenge I decided to write about the significance of my cookie jar - which belonged to my Grandmother until she passed away in 2006. For 40 years I took cookies out of that jar on her kitchen counter. This simple object is priceless to me. I had a lot to say about it (and much more probably) so I knew it would be a great subject for this challenge.
materials: Cardstock: Bazzill; patterned paper: MME, Studio Calico, American Crafts; letters: October Afternoon, American Crafts; stickers: October Afternoon; frame: Making Memories; small words, button: Scrap Rat; string: Martha Stewart; pen: Stampin Up

10 comments:

  1. WOW - gorgeous pages everyone and interesting ways to add lots of journalling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, ladies! I don't know what all the fuss was about ;) lol!

    Thanks for joining us Justine! Love what you created :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh great challenge! i am up for it!!!well, i will try anyway! i love your layouts ladies and this month's guest designer is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous!! Great work everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the DT work. I did a LO Friday night where half the page was journalling.

    Love all the DT LOs. Had to chuckle at Anna's. Hoping to join in with this xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. bummer....i wish this one would have been done about a month ago...I actually did one with this criteria then! LOL!!! I actually LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this challenge...for we aren't only showing pics...but telling a story too...LOVE IT!!!!!! AWESOME take from the DT! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That our pages are very, very, very beautiful!! I loved the proposal this week, and I love journaling and I love writing them, I try to participate! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi again! i posted my link but the image of my layout doesn't appear!! rrrrrrrrrrrr!! hope you will come and visit my blog to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok! now it appears and i just made a fool of myself!! impatient ?? me??? ne-ver!!!!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just send my page to this challenge, I think my journaling has more than 50% of the LO ...rs! Bjs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!