Sunday 12 December 2010

Sunday Challenge: 12th December 2010

Good Morning! This challenge will put you ahead with your Christmas preparations, so you have no excuse not to play along!

This week we challenge you to create a Thank You card. Ideally, it should be geared towards christmas, but if you don't celebrate the Holiday or have another pressing 'Thank You' to send, feel free to change it up!

Guest Designer Julie Dix:


I'm not really a cardmaker so this was a really difficult challenge for me, until I decided to approach the card as a mini layout, albeit without a photo. I went with a Christmas theme and used Echo Park 'Merry Christmas' papers, but thought I'd keep it quite informal by saying thank you in a slightly more relaxed way!

Amanda:


Anna:
I like this challenge as it made me make another card that was on my list! I used my favourite October Afternoon 'Very Merry' Christmas papers.

Fabi:

Hey girls...here my card for our challenge for the 12th.
Actually Im becoming more and more interested in making cards...they are quick to make, great to show our appreciation to those we like, etc.
I mean, there are many reasons also to scrapbook cards, not only layouts, and Im enjoyed this challenge a lot.
Ive tried to make a vintage like card, hope you like it :)

Rebekah:
The butchers at the farm shop where we buy our turkey really makes an effort to get in to the Christmas spirit on probably his busiest day of the year when everyone picks up their preordered turkeys. I made a thank you card for him. He does, after all, sell really tasty turkeys :)


Tessa:
I made this card for my boys' music teacher. She did a fabulous job with their winter concerts and I wanted her know how much she is appreciated. I fashioned vintage sheet music that I painted with Twinkling H2O's into garlands and added a simple sticker sentiment. After finishing the card I knew it needed an envelope to match and made another little banner.




Valerie:
When I first started scrapbooking I couldn't imagine making cards. My advice to anyone who feels the same way: approach them like a tiny layout. It takes the pressure off!
I still use that tactic every now and then.This patterned paper is not a holiday paper but I think the addition of the snowflakes and metallic accents make it festive. It could easily be used all winter long.
materials: metallic cardstock: American Crafts; patterned paper: House of 3; frame: Maya Road; mist: Tattered Angels; stamps: Studio Calico, Practicing Creativity; snowflakes: Doodlebug; bling: Queen & Co.; string: Martha Stewart; embossing powder: Close To My Heart

3 comments:

  1. What a FAB challenge!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee what everyone created....especially Rebekah's!! How sweet is that one?!?!?!?!?! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards - as Valerie says: like mini layouts. Beautiful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous cards....will attempt one even though I have no card mojo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!