Wednesday 11 May 2011

Wednesday Extra: Giving New Life to an Antique with Julie

Hi everyone! Julie Tucker-Wolek with you here today, and I am EXCITED to share my project this month! :)

My family and I love to go antiquing! There is this one BIG antique store here in Phoenix, Arizona, and literally the place is so BIG that it takes almost ALL DAY to go through it! And our recent trip to this store... OH BOY! Did I hit pay dirt! I found this 3 foot tall metal birdcage for only $14.00!! EEEKKKK!! I was EXCITED!! Of course, hubby looked at me CRAZY for wanting it (lol!)... but I knew exactly what I wanted to create with it! :)

Here is the birdcage I started with! :)



I started by spray painting it...



Now its time to decorate it! :)
I found these at Michaels on clearance! Gotta love that! :)

And I found these vintage spools at the antique store also! :)

And I wanted to incorporate some yummy "Once Upon a Springtime" from Graphic 45! :)

To add in photos of my kids, I had 8 exact photos of my kids printed out that I wanted to use....

I cutout the photos and added them to the "Once Upon a Springtime" line....

And then cutout them out of the papers too....

Now its time to link the photos together....
I used 3D glue dots to give them some lift....

And used some vintage pompoms that I had to link them together....



And then I got to decorating the photos....

And now to put everything in and ON the birdcage! :)



As you can see to the left in this photo, I hung the pompoms with my kids photos attached to them from the top of the birdcage.... :)

A little Prima birdie sitting in the middle :)






And here is the completed project! :)



So next time you happen to be antiquing, I hope you look at the things that are offered in a way of giving them new life! :)

Thanks for stopping by, we appreciate it! :)
~~Julie TW~~

5 comments:

  1. How AMAZINGLY cool is this! I love what you did with the birdcage and your family photos! The vivid flowers really pop in the cage too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes it's amazing, I love love what you did!!! You deserve an award for this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Julie - this is an amazing project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I truly appreciate it! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!