Sunday 29 September 2013

29th Sept- Grids

Time for a new challenge! Today we challenge you to create a grid layout.

Anastasia
The selection of the photos this time was easy, as I wanted to make a multi-photo layout with the results of my nephew discovering the magic of markers for the first time: he was more colourful than the paper itself!
I used my sewing machine to define the grid and to add some interest around the layout.

Anna
I think grid layouts are great for using lots of photos so I used photos from a lovely day out!

Daphne
Grids are a perfect way to do a layout in (nearly) no time!
I cropped down a 4x6 photo to 3x4 and added three journaling cards the same size. The background was done by going wild with my water colours; a little bit of stitching around the heart, some glitter glue, arrows, colour sprinkles and finished was the page!
Hilde
The engineer in me loves anything linear and straight, so this challenge is just up my alley!
Title: Trout for breakfast
Journaling: While it was M who cought all the trouts it was S and grandpa who had to prepare the fish.
I kept my photos black & white not to disturb the color combo. Splashes of red add extra interest.
I used 3D foam behind one of the photos to create Depth in the layout. A few of the squares were glued only in the middle, so the paper edges would rise a bit, just to loosen up the straight design

Katherine

I added a few grid sections to my page using 1" squares cut from lots of different papers, I then stitched through the centre of them and added little embellishments.

Please link up your grid layouts to the side bar, we would live to see them! As we have had 3 challenges Sundays in September you will have two weeks extra to do Septembers challenges! 

Join us in 2 weeks time for the next challenge with the new and improved design team!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely Layouts!! can I use one that I already show in other blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts, ladies!! Great takes on the challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!