Sunday 30 March 2014

30th March - Sketch

Today's challenge is a Sketch , created by Valerie from Cari's January challenge layout.
Here are the design teams interpretions;

Anna 
I kept quite close to the sketch as I liked the layout of it. It's of my nephew all wrapped up from the cold!


Cari

How fun was to use this sketch again, I simply love it! The first time I used a cut from the cameo, but this time I fussy cut a paper. I love how relaxing it is cutting figures from different papers and the best is that you can have a lot of embellishment from it!.  



Hilde

My dog, Scoobie, isn't the brightest. She knows she's not allowed on the couch, but she thinks that if she hide her head, I can't see her.
Why the husband doesn't tell her to get off, is another story...


I replaced some of the circles with other shapes, and stamped, cut, inked and doodled the circles.



I just love the movement found in this sketch and had to add even more with my favorite splotchy use of mists.  I also pulled one of my all-time favorite color palettes into it with lots of yummy stamping and a beautiful mix of patterned papers.  In addition, this page is just the left half of a double layout.  LOVE to have you stop by my blog to see the other side!

Kat
I really liked the smattering of circles, so I played up that element, even making my photo a circular shape...

I loved this sketch, it gave me loads of creative space, and I used stencils and inks to create an EGO-page about myself.


I loved the sketch. So easy to get inspired from.
I used a lot of mediums on my page and many many layers.



The picture is one of my daughter just awoke in the morning... often not a sunshine girl at that time of day LOL. 

I used Maggie Holmes Flea market from Crate Paper when I created this page. 


Stephanie

I was so excited to work with this sketch because I love incorporating circles onto my layouts! For this particular layout, I ended up using a circle placemat by Jillibean Soup and several small, round embellishments like enamel dots and ink drops. My layout ended up being a loose interpretation of the sketch, but that's what is so great about sketches ... you can use them just as a base for inspiration!


Hope that's inspired you to get creating!
Please link up your layouts by 13th April to be in with a chance of being our guest designer!

1 comment:

  1. This was a fun sketch and I went right to work making my layout! Couldn't get the linky to work for me though, so here's my take http://bkfastattiffanys.blogspot.com/2014/03/bargain-shopper.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!