Sunday 17 August 2014

17th August - Mood Board

The wonderful Tessa has created an awesome mood board for us to work with today:

Here's what this great design team created from it;

Anastasia:
What a great mood board - especially when most of your friends are on summer holiday and you are about to go on holiday as well ;) I was obviously inspired by the photos of the sea and the beach theme and decided to scrap about my favourite beach in Greece, although I had to find a photo online since I wasn't into photography back when I went to that place!


Cari:
I just love this mood board, the colors, photos, everything! For this challenge I use papers from My minds eye "ashbury heights" that match perfect the colors on the mood board. The photo is me on my summer vacations back in 2011! I can't believe how the times flies I hadn't realized how old was the photo 'til the moment I stamped the date LOL!


HeeSun:
Don't forget our promise....

<Eres Tu>
Como una promesa eres tu
Como una mañana de verano
Como una sonrisa eres tu
Asi eres tu







Hilde:

The entire mood board inspired me to make this layout: the theme, the colors and the details as the swim wear, sun deck chairs and the waves.

My youngest son just loves to swim - ocean or pool - it doesn't matter as long as he may swim.



Want to use a sun burst paper background but don't have one? DIY! It's so easy - all you need is two paers and a craft knife. I sketch up where I wanted the burst with a pencil and cut out the parts free hand. No ruler involved :-)


Jinny:
Obviously, I was drawn to somehow include the beach on my page this time; but being as I'm from Kansas, and the nearest real beach is like 18 hours away by car, I decided to scrap pictures of my family at the lake.  Believe it or not, us land-locked people still call the sandy plot pictured below the beach.  My Jenni Bowlin kit arrived, on my doorstep, just in time for this challenge, and eeek!  It is packed to the brim with delicious, beachy goodies, y'all!  I was especially inspired by the Webster's Pages designer papers.

Kat:
I was really inspired by Tessa's mood board.  I stuck to the turquoise, red, yellow and navy color scheme and made sure my layout was about the beach.  My title work was inspired by the great stenciled sign that says "The beach is my happy place."  My favorite part of the mood board was the turquoise sequins, so I made a shaker card that incorporated my favorite turquoise sparklers.

Leslie
The board inspired me one of my favorite holidays, definitely summer colors, turquoise sky and the sea, and a bright yellow sun, I love these colors and are perfect for my photo in a moment of pure fun!!!. Use Simple Stories collection, I {Heart} Summer, perfect for this challenge.


Petra:
I got inspired by the beach theme but also the colors of the mood board. I used a chipboard from this month's sponsor A2Z Scraplets on my page.


Sindi:
The color scheme jumped out at me as soon as I saw this mood board. Red, yellow, and turquoise is one of my favorite color combinations. I decided to use this photo of my sweet boy enjoying the sunshine in our yard.

Tessa:
I had so much fun creating this mood board! I was inspired by one of my all-time favorite color palettes and the summer season. When I sat down to create a layout, I found a summer photo that matched the colors of the mood board. This is my little Adlyn on her first 4th of July. The yellow is a fun addition to a traditionally red, white and blue holiday.



Guest Designer - Kerry Bruce

I'm so glad the mood board was a beachy one as I am still scrapping my Ibiza holiday from last year! From the board I took on the colour yellow, waves, sequins and the beach of course!

A2Z Scraplets team member Bel Woods:
I went with the blues, yellows and aqua colours for my inspiration.


This month the winner will receive a package of chippies from this month's sponsorA2Z Scraplets.


A2Z Scraplets manufactures lasercut chipboard products in Australia for the scrapbooking world. We have an extensive range with 1000's of products to choose. You can paint them, ink them, emboss them, glitter them - the possibilities are endless! We are WHOLESALE ONLY ... Head over to our website to see our great range of products.

A2Z Scraplets can cut designs or titles to suit your needs. Whether it is a single title or a bulk order for a retreat, we can accommodate your needs.

You will find the products here >>> http://www.a2zscraplets.com.au <<< and some inspiration here
>>> http://a2zscraplets.blogspot.se <<<

Please link up your layouts to the side bar. We are lucky this month as we happen to get three challenges in August so we will be back in two weeks for another challenge!

Happy Scrapping!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Just checking that it isn't linked up on the side bar. Here is my page: http://the-scrap-room.blogspot.com/2014/08/seaside-heights.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!