Sunday 24 May 2015

White on White

Good morning, everyone!!  Today's challenge is a fun one: White on white, use white products on white paper! Or if that is just too difficult, white with one other colour.

Have a look at what our team created:
Elisabetta 
I've wanted to try a white on white layout for a while and this was the perfect chance. I had a lot of fun, I love the soft look of the page and the fact that the picture is the main focus.


HeeSun Kim
Don't you ever wanna become a butterfly? Just imagine the world without butterflies. It would be a sadder place without the joy that the sight of a butterfly brings! I said hello to the beautiful flowers and butterflies.

"Nice to meet you!"



Hilde
I love white on white - it's the perfect excuse to work with layers and structures, gesso and paste. I was out of white burlap, and the corrugated words had a cover with gesso, too.


Close up photo of materials with structures:

Jinny
I have to admit that this challenge brought me a lot of anxiety.  I've been scrapping for over a decade now, and I know my style well enough to be secure in saying that monochromatic pages are NOT ME.  So, I was super grateful that Anna allowed one other color.  A few shades of black got me through, and I'm super pleased with the outcome.  It's really just a haphazard mix of yummy goodies and textures to show off a picture of my exhausted, little, newborn bear on our adventure home from the hospital.


Kat
For this layout, I decided to use a bunch of different textures - I used thick paper, cardstock, a doily, a tag and a fabric banner - plus I sprinkled in some sequins and wood veneers to finish off the all white look.


Seungeun Lee
I used stencil,modeling paste,White flowers,resins etc.
My penpal friend's family photo~!When a friend learned in high school.
Already can not believe that the mother of two children!!
Times faster..


Tessa
For me, the trick to this challenge was finding the right photo. I think surrounding this particular picture with layers of white cardstock, vellum, washi and thread is a great way to keep the focus on the photo. I couldn't help but use the colorful flowers and alpha as embellishments, though.


We hope the design team has inspired you to have a go! You have until 7th June to link up your layouts to the side bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!