Sunday 5 July 2015

5th July - Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes - Inspired by our America friends' Independence Day, use stars and stripes on your layouts.

Here are the design teams takes on it...

Elisabetta

I had so much fun creating this layout: I used a striped black&white paper by Dear Lizzy and I diecut some stars with my Big Shot. I love the result!


Jinny
What better way to celebrate the 4th than a page of my kiddos all decked out in their red, white, and blues?!  This one is really a conglomeration of lots of different manufacturers' fabulosities that I've collected over the years.  So glad to finally give so many oldies but goodies a home!


Kat
I decided not to do a patriotic layout to highlight the stars and stripes and went with a fun Summer palette instead. 






Tessa

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday, so I knew I would go patriotic with this challenge. However, I ended up scrapbooking a photo from Memorial Day instead. I used the Atlas collection by Pink Paislee. Even though it is a travel-themed collection, there were plenty of stars and stripes to work with!



Vasso

This is a message for my country...Sun is here..sun is always here..



Seungeun Lee
Namsan in korea, the lovers fills the lock as a token of love~!
Namsan is a famous mountain in Seoul.Climb aboard the cable car you can see the
view of Seoul at a glance.The famous night view~!!!


Hee Sun Kim

like a shining star in the night sky. You are my idol!




For the stars and stripes challenge, I went way back and looked at my boxed photos before the age of digital!  We don't always do fireworks celebrations and so this old photo of my daughter watching the fireworks was just something I wanted to capture on a layout .  The look on her face was priceless and she had such a wonderful time!   I also wanted to show folks that you can still scrap the "imperfect" pics without fixing them up.  I kept it simple with some wood veeners and hand cut some stars from a distressed patriotic paper sheet that I've had for years! 

Hope they have inspired you to get creative with stars and stripes! Please link up your finished layouts to the side bar.

Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!