Sunday 10 February 2019

10th February - Scraplift

Good Morning! We have the first challenge with the new design team today so you have a bumper amount of inspiration! 

We challenge you to...
Scraplift -  I would like you to Scraplift a layout that a DT member made for a challenge for The Studio blog. You can pick anyone you like. 
Here you will see a small version of the layout the design team picked and then their take underneath it.

Astrid



I choose this lovely layout by Denise.


I love the blue colours and the Tic Tac Toe challenge, I took 1 element from this page and made it my one. I also kept the challenge alive. I used the gorgeous Stargazer collectie from Kaisercraft. For this page I used a photo with my youngest daughter Chimène.

Brenshevia
I choose this wonderful layout by Denise.


This was such a fun page to lift.  For my project I used a paper pad I have had for a while from DCWV which allowed me to finally scrap some of my granddaughter's school photos from 2 years ago!


Diana

I chose to scraplift a layout that Denise did back last September.  I was drawn to the cluster of flowers behind her photo. I didn't want to just copy her layout so I challenged myself to create a cluster of embellishments that weren't flowers.  

Here's my layout.  I chose a picture of my 5 month old puppy in his happy place!


Deb

I lifted a fabulous Lisa-Marie layout(the same one as Denise)


I'm a real Lisa_Marie fan girl :)  I love the layers, distressing and texture that Lisa-Marie adds to all her layouts.  For my scraplift, I tried to replicate the background using a stencil and ink.  I coloured the cut file leaves with Distress Oxide, and coloured the butter muslin with brown ink.
No photo description available.
Denise

I lifted this layout from Lisa-Marie:



I love her style, so I tried to copy it, too. Ok, I was not able to create so many layers, but I had so much fun  to work with this style. I didn't know what kind of fabric she used, so I tried it with a piece of gauze bandage that I colored with some distress paint. ;-)





Lisa-Marie

I was really drawn to this layout that Denise created, using a mood board.  I simply HAD to lift it!!



As you can see, I flipped it once, clockwise.  I had such fun working with it!  Thanks for the inspiration, Denise!!!



Lori

I chose this beautiful layout from Lisa-Marie from October. I love that she always uses so many layers behind her photo and the colors in this particular layout are my favorite to work with. 



I used the same color combo - adding in a few more colors - and since Lisa-Marie does a lot of mixed media by way of stencil work, I decided to do a smooshed background and build my layers on top of that. I switched out the flowers for some hearts and had a lot of fun adding in lots of circles and tabs in between the layers.




Michelle

Hey everyone. I went back a few months and chose a layout by Helen from September.


 Since the photo I wanted to use was horizontal I decided to rotate Helen's layout. Instead of gears and stars I used leaves.



I love all the takes, well done to the new DT you did a great job
I hope that has inspired you to get scraplifting, if so please link your finished layout to the side bar by 10th March.
Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!