Sunday 4 July 2010

4th July Sunday Challenge

Well, July has arrived at last. I say at last because July signals the start of the school holidays, albeit not for another 19 days (not that I'm counting) in England :) I hope that you're enjoying the month so far. Are you ready for a challenge? Today Amanda says;

Let's get in the mood for summer! Scrap a layout using orange and yellow as your main colour scheme!

I don't know about you, but these are colours that I hardly ever use. But look how summery the LOs from the design team are! How can you resist this challenge?

Amanda

This colour combo is one of my favourites, especially with an added touch of green! My layout is simple with a bit of mist, a couple of scraps of paper and some small embellies as I wanted the page to be focused on the story I was telling, about my son and his zest for life.

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with this week!

Andrea


Bianca
A lot of yellow, orange,... a summer day!!! My girls at the park and a sunny day near the sea!!!
I really love this!

Nic


I took this photo on a recent visit to a local National Trust property and wanted to scrap it as the sight and sounds of the children playing on the lawn evoked a real sense of nostalgia and timelessness for me, go back in time 30 odd years and it could have been a scene from my own childhood. This colour combo was perfect to pick up the hues of the plants in the photo and I used various shades of yellow and orange alongside a bit of black and green. I got out my stamps to create the borders and one of the background pieces.

Rebekah

My boyfriend knows that my favourite colour flowers are orange and this beautiful bunch of flowers that I received in March had yellow AND orange flowers in so this photo is perfect for this challenge. It's a lift and I don't know who did the original I'm afraid but I loved the dripping acrylic paint so I used that with lots of embellishments and some glimmer mist. I also pulled the florists page out of the yellow pages to add another paper layer to my LO.

Tessa
Happy 4th of July!!! Independence Day is my favorite holiday! The fireworks, the parades, the picnics, the family, the barbecues..... I love it! It's going to feel kind of strange posting a color challenge on the 4th that isn't red, white, and blue :). But I had fun with the orange and yellow. Mine almost turned out looking more like the last World Cup Challenge. And please pardon the fact that the two sides aren't lining up quite right. I promise, in real life they do! I need to work on my photographing a double layout skills.



We recently moved and are just getting acquainted with the plants on the property. My son kept bringing me little yellow roses, which was wonderful, but I didn't know where they were coming from. I thought he might be stealing the neighbors'! But sure enough, we have a wild rose bush on the side of the house. I love yellow, so I had to capture the blooms in their sunny glory. I plan to frame the photos someday. I really enjoyed pairing the yellow with orange, and to ground the bright colors I used the dark green of the rose leaves as an accent.





And joining us as a guest designer, Laura:


lorikeet lagoon

I hit up my scraps folder to make this layout - I keep them all arranged by colour and it's always nice to come across old favourites. I used the stitched ribbon to detract from the distracting background and draw focus to the main action in the photo - the lorikeet flying away!
Don't forget to add your photo to the link in the sidebar to the right of the page by 6th August to be in with a chance of winning this month's prize, which is a fabby Nutmeg collection from our sponsor, Cosmo Cricket!


We also have the June winner announcement for you today! The winner is...



Congratulations, Kat! Email me at amanda@scrapbook-101.com and I'll hook you up with Tessa to claim your Precocious Paper prize! I'm very jealous! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kat! I can't wait to send you some Precocious Paper goodies!

    Amazing work, DT! And I'm so excited about Cosmo Cricket :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kat!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this color scheme....and loving what the dt created! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog through Julie T-W - I will creating this week with some yellow and orange - love the DT creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!