Wednesday 7 July 2010

World Cup Wednesday extra - 7th July

As the World Cup reaches it's final stages, our series of extra challenges, all inspired by the World Cup are also reaching their grand finale and we have one final, fantastic challenge to share with you today.  We are all big sketch fans so our challenge to you this week, if you should choose to take it, is to create a LO using the sketch shown below, which is based upon the 2010 World Cup logo:


You can have a few extra bonus points if you can use the colours from the logo and include the swirls too :)
Here is the sketch to use: 
We'd like to express our appreciation to all of the talented Guest Designers who have joined us in creating  pages for our special World Cup Challenges, we've enjoyed having each and every one of you playing along and for our grand finale challenge we are joined by two more fabulous Guests:

Sue Mylde
Here is Sue's page for our challenge:



You can view more of Sue's work here on her blog.

and Ifa Zainon
Here is Ifa's page for our challenge:

Ifa said "I wanted to really used the rainbow of colours in the logo so kept the base very white"
You can see more of Ifa's work here on her blog.

and we'd like to say another big thank you to our Guest Designer Sandie Dunne who has played along with us for all of our World Cup challenges, it's been great having you join us Sandie :-)
Here is Sandie's LO:



I just loved this sketch, it was easy to work with and left plenty of room for personal touch. The flowers I've cut out from my papers, which are Pink Paislee's Queen Bee collection, and they represent the swirls. The lace and butterflies have been added for a touch of girlyness.

Here is our Design Teams take on this week's challenge:

Tessa:


I had such a fun weekend celebrating Independence Day that I had to scrap about our 4th of July!

Rebekah:

Well, I couldn't use all the colours from the logo but I did manage some hand cut vines that sort of mimic the logo, attached with lots of foam squares :) The journalling is a quote 'Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability'.

Nic:

I had to end our World Cup challenges by creating a page with a football theme :-)  I love sketches so was really pleased to use our challenge sketch to create this page:


I managed to include some swirls and most of the colours from the Fifa poster but wanted to keep the majority of the page black and white in keeping with Newcastle's strip colours. 
My journaling reads: It's a sign that you are a true fan when your pet rabbit complements your team's colours!!

Lisa:


Anna

I quite liked the logo so I stayed quite close to it and used the same colours too! The photo is of little nephew helping his Grandad in the garden.

You have until Wednesday 14th July to link us up to this and any other completed LO's for the World Cup challenges using the inlinkz link tools in each individual World Cup post.  A winner will be chosen at random from all the entries to receive the pizza box of goodies courtsey of our Design Team shortly afterwards :-)

2 comments:

  1. Awww, the photos are blocked for me here at work, I have to check out everything this evening but I am sure the layouts are stunning! I think I am probably going to give the sketch a try, once I can see it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are AWESOME!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!