Sunday 20 November 2016

20th Nov-Table Setting

Hello and welcome to another challenge! 
Today's challenge is ...a Table setting; use this table setting as inspiration for your layout.

I love how inspired I got when I really looked at this table setting, it really said autumn to me. I picked the colours for my layout from it, the bit of green from the moss etc, I used Thickers the same texture and colour of the throw and blind, a bit of black with white pen like the blackboard, a wide ribbon that's similar to the place mats and a wooden button from the cushion!



I was inspired by the neutral palette but may have gotten a little carried away with my one non-neutral, pink.  (Insert sheepish grin.)  I couldn't resist using a gingham print, which is one of two things (The other is the music flair button.) that did not come in a Citrus Twist kit at one time or another, as inspired by the pillow, on the bench, in the background.  I also incorporated gold elements to mimic the flame of the candles and found myself further inspired by all the woodgrain elements.


This to me is all about family being together and that is what inspired my layout, my beautiful family.


Raechelle
When I first looked at this photo I wanted to jump right in to sit down and enjoy a meal at this cozy table. So many things captured my attention; the texture, especially the burlap, the plaid, the wood grain, the soft creams and whites, and all of the natural elements


Place-settings as inspiration, you say? Well then, I set "6 places" on my layout to echo the long Thanksgiving table back in 1983.



I see... the banquet table, the place settings, the centerpiece, the holidays... but most of all, the warm loving feeling of family all together!  From this table setting inspirational photo, I got just that!  A layout created with family gathered around our holiday table.  



Vivian
Fall is my favorite time of year. I love working with Fall colors and any related photos. A table setting with a pumpkin on it was all the excuse I needed to make this layout. The hardest part of this layout was the hand-stitching since I used twine that was rather thick. Everything else came together rather quickly.


Guest Designer- Hannah
I use maple leaves ink and wood to make autumn style.

I hope you like today's challenge and find it inspiring. You have until 4th December to enter this month's challenges.
Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!