Sunday 4 December 2016

4th Dec- Sketch

It's that time again for another...
Sketch - Made by Anna- Inspired by Raechelle's first DT layout. A nice simple one this time!

Here are the design team's take on the sketch...

I love the big circle from the sketch as there's so much you can do with it, I went with a painted circle of lots of christmas shapes to go with the photos of my niece's first Christmas. Sorry to the poor photo it's hard to take metallic and glittery papers!

There's not much to say about a sketch, but I did want to mention that I flipped it to showcase these pics of my sweet, little niece, with her mom and dad, better and used Creative Scrappers' Basic Hearts cut file and lots of Citrus Twist kit club goodies.  That darling deer, as well as the pink butterfly, came from Pretty Little Studio.


What a stunning sketch. I have kept true to the sketch but added a beautiful floral cut file to be the feature of my layout. I look forward to seeing all your creations x




I enjoyed creating the original layout that this sketch was based upon, but wanted to do something different this time. I created my base by fussy cutting the circular shapes from the patterned paper and added die cuts and additional fussy cut pieces to finish it off. 



When I saw this sketch, a piece of gold patterned paper immediately came to mind.  I used it to highlight a lovely scenic view, and tucked another small photo in the bottom right corner to help reinforce the idea of scale on the page.



I just love playing with circles so it was love at first sight for me when I seen our sketch challenge.  I did mix things up a little but that's what I love about sketches, they are such a great starting point.



This is a classic sketch that can be molded in many ways. I'm still wanting to make Fall layouts so I reached for Doodlebug Designs "Flea Market" line. The leaf circle is a die cut from the Silhouette store. I added random stitching to the the circle and other spots in the layout for effect. Thanks for looking!



Guest Designer - Laura
I am so thrilled to be guesting here at The Studio Challenges, this month! I loved this sketch as was super excited to play with it, it is right up my alley with the suggestion of 2 smaller photos, the large circular element and subtle layers!  I really wanted to play with the “Mistletoe Kisses” collection by Simple Stories for this layout and document a little bit about our Elf on the Shelf – because seriously those elf embellishments are irresistible!  I decided that it would be fun to adapt the circular element from the sketch to a Christmas ornament and created a string art style cut file for my page.  I ended up having to relocate my title because of the size of it, but added a sticker to act as a subtitle in the original suggested spot. I had fun with embellishments and wrapped up my layout by incorporating some journaling into my take on the sketch. 
I just love all the different designs that came from this one sketch, the design team did a great job! We would love to see your takes on it, please link up your layouts to the side bar.

2 comments:

  1. Such amazing DT layouts ladies! Love yours Laura, just stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for having me this month! I loved working with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!