Sunday 18 December 2016

18th December - Table Setting

Today is our last challenge of the year, it is another ....
Table setting; use this table setting as inspiration for your layout.
Set a pretty Christmas scene with our Winter’s Wonder Dinnerware, surrounded by natural elements. Hand-carved hardwood chargers atop water hyacinth placemats. Handblown hobnail glasses. Snow-kissed faux spruce trees alongside handcrafted sisal reindeer and napkin rings. Plus, plaid linens, right down to our embellished reindeer table runner. Winter wonderful from Pier 1.:

Jinny
One of the first things I saw, in the inspiration photo, was that trio of trees in the center of the table and the little mimics on the plates.  So, when I found these photos of my littlest, helping to dress our own Christmas tree, I knew they'd be a perfect fit.  I was also drawn to the woodgrain foundation of the table itself, not to mention all the scrumptious plaid; and of course, I couldn't help but toss in a reindeer or two.  Nearly everything I used came from October Afternoon's Under the Tree Collection.

Rachel
I think this would be my dream table setting for my family at Christmas! Here is my table setting inspired layout which I have added gold with my Christmas colours and of course a deer. My Christmas tree, snow flakes and deer are cut files from the Silhouette Design Store and my paper collection is by Kaisercraft. I wish you all a very happy and safe Christmas and hope you will find some time to scrap and join us for this challenge.



Raechelle
The wood grain, burlap, and plaid grabbed my attention on this beautiful place setting. I cut some fringe to add some texture and to replicate the tree branches. The goblets inspired the dots. Some burlap stars and gold spray must added the finishing touches to my layout.


The sweetness and slightly rustic and whimsical look of this tablesetting are reflected in my paper choices - a sweet print and a woodgrain, along with a small stripe instead of the plaid.  I picked up the sparkle with some glittery enamel dots.



Tracy
I found this table setting to be just stunning!  All kinds of things were screaming at me when I looked at it.  The colors, the plaid, the pops of gold, the pine trees, the deer...oh my!  With the help of the Cozy Christmas collection by My Minds Eye I was able to incorporated all things mentioned above into my layout.



Vivian
The color scheme is what got most of my attention from the photo. I used mostly Teresa Collins' "Tinsel & Company" for this layout. Of course, I added hand-stitching for extra whimsical effect.

Guest Designer - Laura
I am so happy to be back a second time this month!  How awesome is the inspiration photo? I seriously would love to eat at this Christmas table, I love everything about it!  The texture of the burlap, the crystal, lots of layers, the sweet deer and twiggy Christmas tree are all referenced in my layout.  As well as a “placemat” to hold all of my elements in my focal area! Thanks so much to Anna and the team for having me this month!

I hope you enjoyed all that inspiration, if you do join in, please do link up your layouts to the side bar.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has joined in with us this year we have loved seeing your layouts and to wish you all a very Happy Christmas, have a wonderful time.

We will be back on the first day 2017 for another challenge!
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!