Wednesday 23 June 2010

Wednesday World Cup Extra - 23rd June

Well the World Cup is well and truly underway now and I hope the team for your particular country are making you feel proud and providing some golden moments of football magic, but if they haven't had you sitting right on the edge of your seat just yet, we have a brand new, shiny challenge for you this week which is inspired by some of those nail biting moments - the golden goals and perilous penalities!

This week, as some matches have to be decided by the golden goal and /or penalties we are challenging you to:

Use gold on your LO and to include 5 of something to represent the number of penalties each country gets to kick.

This week we are joined by yet more fabulous guest designers and we'd like to extend a warm welcome to firstly:
Janis Medina-Maghinay.
Here is Janis's take on our challenge:


Janis has used 5 gold pearls on her LO. You can see more of Janis's work over on her blog.

and secondly to Claire Wheatley. Here is Claire's take on our challenge:


Claire has used gold on her LO and 5 circles.You can see more of Claire's work here on her blog.

And welcome back to our Guest Designer for the duration of our World Cup Challenges - Sandie Dunne. Here is Sandie's LO for this challenge:

This layout is of my little one when she was only 8mths old. It used to be so hard to get her to smile for the camera, I must have caught her off guard! I used 5 different papers and 5 embellishments, which include 5 pearls, on my layout. The background has been splattered with acrylic paint using a toothbrush and the circle around the butterfly is done by just dipping the lid off of a small jar into the paint and quickly 'stamping' it on the paper.

And here are our Design Team's LO's:

Amanda

I made this page to remind me how much my other half and my son love each other, despite the fact that they fight like cat and dog at times! I used gold paint around my photo and 5 hearts which I hand cut from black cardstock.

Anna

When I saw this challenge about gold this photo came to mind, the famous golden gateway at Hampton Court. I cut of 5 leave shapes and ink them with gold, put gold embossing power on them and wiped some of the powder off so I was only left with patches of it on them. I really like to effect so I also did the same with the plain chipboard letters. I also curls some wire to put with the leaves.

Lisa

5 clouds, 3 of which are gold. Does that count ? : )

Rebekah
My LO is 'buttercup baby'. I used five papers/scraps for my five things including two prima packaging and the gold cardstock for the gold. I don't use a lot of yellow but my buttercup photo worked well in this case.

It's always great to see your take on our challenges, so don't forget to link us up to your pages using the link tool below. We also love giving away prizes so will be choosing one lucky participant at random at the end of our World Cup Extra feature to receive a pizza box full of scrapping goodies from our Design Team :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!