Friday 11 June 2010

World Cup Challenge One

Well, the World Cup celebrations began last night with concerts across South Africa and the host nation will kick off the first game tonight. What better excuse for some extra challenges? From next week the Wednesday extra will be replaced with a World Cup Challenge right up until the World Cup ends on 11th July. And don't worry if you're not a footie (soccer) fan. The challenges are inspired by the beautiful game, but they'll inspire even those of you who've never heard of Wayne Rooney ;) Joining our design team there's our guest design team member and a special guest for each challenge bringing you heaps of inspiration. As if that wasn't enough, add your image to the link below and you will be entered in to a random prize draw to win a pizza box full of goodies courtesy of the Design Team.

But enough chat, let's get on to our first challenge from Amanda:

Do you get excited about the World Cup? As a bonus challenge this weekend we'd like to see your World Cup inspired pages! If you are the kind of person who can't wait for the madness to be over then you could scrap about the country you live in or your kid's soccer team instead. Our guest design team member for the duration of the World Cup is Sandie Dunne. She said: 'My name is Sandie Dunne and I'm a happily married SAHM to 4 school going children. I have been papercrafting for about 4yrs. I started out scrapbooking and then fell in love with mini books. I also love to alter items.' Check out her blog to see all her gorgeous work! Here is her take on this challenge: Ireland aren't in the world cup, so I scrapped my own football/soccer star ;)

Please also welcome our special guest for today's challenge: Tracy-Lianne Lane

I've used the South African colours {gold,blue,black,red,green} and Euan kicking around his easter egg lol.

And finally here's what our design team did with the challenge:
Amanda


Lisa
There's No Place Like Home

Nic
I am so not into football - it's like an alien world to me, however, I do have a son who has always been football crazy and who from sheer frustration, stopped explaining the offside rule to me a long time ago lol! As he was so into football, it became a bit of a family tradition to buy him a footie shirt/strip from every different country family members visited, throughout the years he has built up his collection and so I decided this challenge was an ideal opportunity to scrap the story behind his kits.

I had a go at making my own paper flowers (who says you can't put flowers on a boy LO eh? :-) ) My aim was to try and make them mimic the yellow football in the picture :-)

Rebekah
My little boy has suddenly become interested in the St George Cross and why there are some cars with flags on so I've had to explain about the World Cup. He's also started using the word 'Why?' repeatedly in the last two weeks as they all do and eventually all those 'Why?'s lead us to the supermarket to buy some England gear ('Why does that car have flags?', 'Why does he want to support England?', 'What's the World Cup?', 'Can I have a flag on my car?', 'Why can't I have a flag on my car?', 'Why can't we go and buy me a England top now?') :) He looks like such a proper boy in his England top and cap. So cute!

Tessa

So...I am not a soccer fan. Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate the sport, but I am really just not a huge sports fan in general. I'm being schooled by all of you World Cup fans (I wouldn't have known it was going on if not for these challenges!). Anyway, the challenge made me think about the one time soccer ever really crossed my path - freshman year of high school. The girls' soccer coach approached me after watching me play during a physical education class. He wanted to know if I would consider joining the team. I was already a serious dancer, studying multiple forms of dance extensively, so I knew I would have to choose between the two. As the title of my layout states, I chose dance.

***And please note, those are not my gorgeous feet! I have terribly flat feet - something I struggled with my whole career :(.

We'll be back with the usual Sunday Challenge and then again for an extra World Cup Challenge next Wednesday. We hope that you'll join us :) Have fun x

3 comments:

  1. fun, fun Lo's. Can't wait to give this one a go xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab stuff ladies! Can't wait to see what our players come up with for this one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!