Sunday 20 March 2011

20th March - Layout Challenge

Hope you've been enjoying the spring sunshine where you are, it's been lovely here lately!
This week's layout challenge is to use this sketch...
There is a twist though, we would to see you add RUFFLES to your page!

Here's what the design team have come up with this week.

Anna
 For my ruffles I used fabric and pushed the material though the sewing machine so it bunched up to make the ruffles.
Heather
I loved this sketch and I plan on using it again and again because it's so versatile!  Lots of fussy cutting here you can see but the flower/doily paper just screamed "fussy cut me". To make my ruffle I just punched the paper with a lace punch, gathered it together and stitched over the top. I shaped it a bit to resemble a smile. I incorporated my title into my journaling to help keep more of the black space around the rest of the layout.

Lisa
Nadia
Teresa
This is a photo of my youngest Elouise on a fine autumn day last year. The sun hit her blonde hair, making her look just radiant. Plus she was out to lunch on a weekday with Mum and Dad while her brother and sister were at school. That alone was enough to put a huge smile on her face!

Papers by Prima, resin heart from Websters, My Favorite Things scallop die, Making Memories sticker letters, ruffle ribbon by Bella and butterfly punch from Martha Stewart,

Our guest designer Pati
On the page Little Girl, I used a photo of me with 6 months on the porch of the house where we lived. In the tags under the photo,  I was say the first daughter and granddaughter of the family, which meant that our house was a special place, where I have great memories! It seems it was another day that I was just a little girl! How time flies!

A few of the other ladies from the other design teams have joined in this week to give you even more inspiration!

Jules
Julie
Tessa
Valerie
I love a great, simple sketch and knew exactly what photo I wanted to use for this one. Then I saw the 'ruffle rule' and had to think of a way to make it work on my boy page.
To make my 'boy' ruffle, I used twill ribbon and simply bunched it up on a piece of super sticky red line tape:
Isn't it amazing how different all these layouts are but all made from the same sketch?! We would love to see what you do with it, don't forget this month you could win goodies from Scrap with a V.

9 comments:

  1. Wow ladies - to see them all together like this is truly impressive! I love seeing all the variations - all amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful pages, girls! I enjoyed seeing how each interpreted the sketch! Different styles, totally different LOs, but beautiful results! Delicious Challenge! Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages girls!!! Love it!!!
    Congratulations for de guest Designer, she's so creative!!! I love her pages and the texture she puts on them.

    Kisses and have a nice weekend!!!

    Déa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loveeeeeeeeeeee that sketch and love love love what everyone created! GORGEOUS work! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab sketch and examples - and perfect for last night's scrapping!
    I've added my link - it's here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sketch. Here is my entry

    http://handmade-hannah.blogspot.com/2011/03/funny-layout.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the great sketch! Have just linked up with Mr. Linky but here is my link as well just in case :)http://helentilbury.blogspot.com/2011/03/hes-my-no-1-colour-room-palette-50.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!!!
    I did my page, this is here: http://lolo-artesanato.blogspot.com/2011/03/um-lo-e-algumas-noticias-boas.html
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!