Sunday 6 March 2011

6th March Layout Challenge

I hope you've all been hopping mad with the blog hop! It great to see all the comments and new followers on everyone's blogs, hope you've been enjoying it!

On to this weeks layout challenge, this week Amanda challenged us to Scrap your age! Come on, don't be shy... scrap a few things about you and what it's like to be you at age...whatever.... :)
Here's the Layout Team's take on the challenge to inspire you!

Anna
I love this challenge as it made me scrap about myself, I always think there's other people to scrap about before myself! Even getting a photo of me is difficult as I'm always the one behind the camera! I should scrap more about myself and doing a age page is a good place to make, I would love to do one every year but we'll see how I get on!

Heather
Lisa

I'm turning 36 this month...time to journal some thoughts...

Nadia
This is me at 32 years old. This challenge got me thinking that this is roughly the same age that my girls will be when they have young children too. I wanted them to know, and me to remember what my life was like in my early thirties ...my personal fears, worries...issues, thoughts..the way I see my self etc. At the back of this layout I wrote a "Note To Self.." type of journalling, where I am talking to my self. I'd like to think that leaving these messages for my girls through scrapbooking will help them understand their mum better....maybe see the reasons for some decisions we made etc. I only WISH I knew these things about my own mum when she was my age now.  She tells me, but its not the same as being able to read it through her own words.

Teresa

I found this challenge both difficult and rewarding. I'm not really photogenic, so it's hard finding a photo to begin with. This particular photo must have been taken by one of the children - although I'm smiling, I can tell I'm worried about something - probably that said child will drop the camera!

Our Guest Designer for March is the very talented Pati, here's what she came up with.
I've never had a problem with age and the passage of time! For me, aging is a natural process that is part of life. I have a grandmother with over 90 years and aunts with almost this age, most of them are lucid and active, I model myself on them to live well every stage and enjoy the experience we gained over the years! I'll be 40 years old in June and this definitely does not worry me, I'm always grateful for all these years and other a lot more yet to come!

This week Julie from the design team has joined us with her take on the challenge.
My journaling reads: "39 ... I know most people say that life begins at 40 ... but I am not sure how I feel about that yet ... by the end of 2011 ... I will be 40"

Look forward to seeing what you make of this challenge, have fun creating and don't forget link up your creations!

12 comments:

  1. I loveeeeeeeee what everyone created!! They are WOW AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful pages, girls! I loved how each spoke about their age and the passage of time! So I'm the oldest of the group ...rsrs! Ok, ok, no problem! It's great to be here! Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so beautifully inspiring! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved doing this challenge. I've decided I am going to do a new one every year. Can't to see all the submissions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layouts, I've loved all of them. I made a layout about my age last month. I know it doesn't apply for the challenge, but I'd like to share it with you:

    http://www.scraparty.com/index.php/2011/02/papel-de-base-tingido/

    So, Pati, you aren't the older one anymore! rsrsrs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely layouts girls!!!!!!! Pati, im very happy to see you playing here with us, congrats gal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow some beautiful layouts ladies, super x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the challenge, and I created a layout, but I've resized my image about 8 times and Linky tools won't let me add it, so here it is Scraps by Sarah Hope that works! you guys should use Mr. Linky, it's waaaay easier to use!! Thanks for the great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layouts Ladies... I love them all very inspiring.... and I wouldn't want to miss...and have linked mine ...thanks for the great challenge..and chance too...hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fab selection of layouts ladies. I have linked my layout. Thanks for an inspired challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did my page and I love it...rsrsrs
    http://lolo-artesanato.blogspot.com/2011/03/5-los.html
    Me...in 34
    I hope you like it!!!
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!