Sunday 12 September 2010

Sunday Challenge 12th September 2010

How many of you are good in the week and have food and drink treats at the weekend? I used to be a Weight Watches counsellor and I heard so many people say that both during their weight loss and afterwards so I'm sure that there some of you out there who will relate. This week's challenge is appropriate then!

Food and drink - dedicate a layout to your favourite consumables! Whether it's chocolate, coffee or wine, tell us all about it :)

So, like Amanda and I, will you struggle to decide which food is your favourite, or do you already know instantly?? We can't wait to see your challenges linked with the Inlinkz for September in the sidebar.

And if you need a little help getting started, here's the DT take on the challenge:

Amanda:

I love food. A lot. It was hard to choose something to focus my layout on. In the end I decided that my favourite meals were roast dinners, not just because of the food itself, but because it's a time when we're together as a family. Our Sunday roast dinners often include extended family too, so it is a memory of good food and past times with family.

Anna:

To me there's nothing like a nice cup of tea and 2 pieces of caramel as an afternoon pick me up! I had fun being pretty on this layout to match my mug! I used a doily that I secretly put in my bag when I was in a pub recently!!

Lisa:

Anyone that know's me knows that I'm a latte girl. I love my fancy coffee machine that makes fab coffee and fluffy milk. I'm completely hooked and can't get through a morning without it.
This goes hand in hand with my 'thing' for mugs. I was so pleased with this bargain earlier this year.

Nic:

Over the past couple of years I've become so much more aware and tried to learn a lot more about what happens to our food, how it's farmed, processed etc before it reaches our stores. This year, for the first time, I thought I'd have a go at growing some of my own organic fruit and vegetables in my garden, so when I read the details for this challenge, just knew I'd have to create a page about my first 'growing your own' efforts. Not all of my growing efforts were successful but these tomatoes were delicious and our favourites from our first crop :-)

Rebekah:
I love ALL food so when Amanda asked us to scrap about our favourite consumable I had to think a little about what my favourite food is. It actually didn't take too long in the end though. My favourite is a cream tea, so much so that we're having a cream tea as our wedding meal rather than a formal sit down meal :)

Sue:

A twist on the challenge! I've decided to pick on one of my biggest food-related indulgences - those foodie magazines they have at every supermarket here in the UK!

Journaling says: "I love eating good foods - but also good-looking foods. SO I steer clear of the food magazines. But once in a while, I indulge and bake, cook, eat to my heart's content."

I picked a photo from a recent magazine (Woman & Home) and did a sort of photo 'collage' of one of the yummy photos of all the breads and oven bakes. Yum. Who can resist that?? :)

Looking forward to reading your food & drink indulgences!

Valerie:
I'm not sure what they put in this stuff but I just can't get enough of Dunkin' Donuts coffee! So much so that I feel a little pang of relief & well-being when I see the pink & orange "D"s in close proximity. I always order the same thing - Medium Hazelnut Light & Sweet - all seasons - all the time. I know my obsession is a little crazy. I tell myself there are way worse things to be addicted to. Do they have Dunkin' Donuts in the U.K.?
For this layout, I used a really cool coffee ring stamp - which was pretty much made for this project. Also used the wrapper from my straw and stitched the little swirls of 'steamy coffee goodness', also part of the DD coffee cup logo, right onto my page. Hmmm, I think I'm in the mood for a cup right now!

Supplies: Cardstock: American Crafts; Patterned paper: Echo Park, Basic Grey; letter stickers, border sticker, journal block: Basic Grey; yellow journal block, butterfly: Jenni Bowlin; frame: Maya Road; stamp: Studio Calico; string: Martha Stewart; spray ink: Tattered Angels; floss: craft supply

9 comments:

  1. love the challenge and the lo's are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite challenge so far!! Great take everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee what everyone created!! What a GREAT challenge! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha this subject and the DT's efforts made me laugh ... all great LOs ladies, but only ONE featured a "healthy" food! Just goes to show how comforting warm, sweet things are (I'll bet there was apple sauce with that delicious roast!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmmmm foood :)

    Great job on growing Nic - we never got any of our toms to turn red this year!
    Ana - you rebel!!!

    Amazing layouts everyone :) Valerie - they used to have a DD in Glasgow city centre about 10+ years ago. No idea if it is still there

    Might have to follow sue on this one and find a magazine :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the challenge this Sunday, coincidences aside, was ending a page with this theme today and I posted in the gallery! Hope you enjoy!
    Bjs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jemma, there's fruit in the jam. That's got to be healthy ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girls U rock my world :) lovely layouts, as always XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! thank you for this challenge !! i had this picture of my favorite drink in my drawer for a long time and i finally decided to scrap it thanks to you!! gorgeous layouts form all the ladies!! thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!