Sunday 26 September 2010

Sunday Challenge

Are you ready for a challenge?

Fairy tale challenge! This week I challenge you to scrapbook a perfect day... that hasn't happened yet! If you could spend a day doing anything, what would it be?

Andrea:



My perfect day would be with these two girls . . . my family . . . and a beach house along with our dog Benji! I started with my favorite background medium . . . kraft paper . . . I misted the background so in real life, it's really sparkly! I wanted to keep the page kind of simple because this is one of my favorite perfectly imperfect photos of my girls! A day at the beach would be so wonderful. The cool thing is is that in 5 days, I will be at the beach, although not with my entire family because my brother is stationed in Bahrain right now! Enjoy this challenge . . . I can't wait to read about your perfect days!!

Anna:

If I could have a perfect day I would spend it with African Elephants! I have always loved them, there's something magical about them. I would love to see them in the wild and maybe help out in an elephant orphanage. I'll get there one day .


Fabi:

I used the inspiration of this challenge to create the cover for my 2011 album. The picture doesnt show our family face and this is to indicate that this day didnt happened yet.

I thought about all the good things Id like for us for next year and create a fun and colorful layout with paints, emboss and glimmer. This was a lovely challenge! Now let's see what your mojo creates.

Lisa:

I went to New York years ago. Before I was with my husband. I'm always telling him that I can't wait to go with him one day. I know he would just love this city. The sight seeing, the coffee shops, the shopping. I would just love this kind of day. Us two together.

Nic:


The responsibilities and long hours that go hand in hand with my day job can sometimes impact upon my leisure time and mean I spend less time doing the things I enjoy and that help to keep me grounded, so when considering my perfect day, this influenced my theme.

I chose to create a LO that concentrated upon some of the simple pleasures in life - the day to day things I really enjoy doing outside of work hours. My journaling reads: My perfect day would be spent doing the things I love and spending time with the people who are special to me. Round the edge of the page I listed the components of a perfect day ie: a lie in, a full english, sunshine, a family get together etc...

Rebekah:


I'm planning the perfect wedding day right now so I decided to scrap that. The photos are mostly from google. I used the July kit from Cleo Crafts with MME 'So Sophie' papers and cocordinating embellishments and the journalling is printed on to safmat.

Sara:

My perfect day is pretty simple. To spend the entire day with my little family, without any negativity from naughty children or tired words. Hubby works long hours and by the end of the day, my patience wears thin hence the negativity and we are both tired. An ideal day would be without all of that.

Sue:

We're in to rainbows at our house right now and we were so lucky to take a photo of this rainbow across the sky in Aberdeen last Friday.. a perfect photo for the 'perfect day' layout.

Journaling says: Sunny skies and sunshine. A slight breeze to make sure the air is cool. To be greeted in the morning by hugs from Lara and cuddles in bed. Simple breakfast with sweet smelling coffee. Preferably outside at a cafe. Sitting with my book till nearly lunch time. Lounging on the sofa. Listening to music. Watching a movie with my sweetheart. Listening to Lara’s stories from school, about her friends, about her games, about her lunch. Watching her work on her homework. Listening to her practice her piano. And seeing her progress. Scrapbooking loads of scrapbooking. Photo-taking as well. Eating a home-cooked meal, not cooked by me. Playing a board game with my lovely family. And listening to Lara read to me before her bedtime. Watching her enjoy her book. Life’s little indulgences.

It may not be as perfect as spending the day at a warm beach, swimming and taking in the sunshine. Or scuba-diving. Or with a big picnic with friends in a park. But the perfect day is what you make it. While my full days may never be ‘perfect’ I look for perfection in the little things. And in the little things are perfection.

Tessa:
During my perfect day the forecast will include sunshine, blue skies, and the occasional fluffy white cloud. I journaled a stream-of-consciousness list of what my fantasy day might look like and ran out of room! As you can see, other than a maid and endless income, my perfect day includes simple things like a happy family and healthy kiddos.

Val:
I'm not hard to please - for me a perfect day could be as simple as an impulse buy at the local Ikea or a little roadtrip with my family. For this layout I focused on just 5 things that would really make a perfect day for me.
My journaling reads:
1. The sun is shining
2. My children are happy
3. My husband is off
4. We just won a decent sized lottery
5. Pretty cupcakes have no calories
= a perfect day
I let the numbered border sticker guide me on this page. I cut it apart and used it to number my journaling list. I then cut apart other border stickers on the sheet to make the flowers to mimic the flowers on the cupcake. The layout for this page is based on a Kelly Purkey sketch from her "Sketchbook 2" class.


supplies: Patterned paper, border stickers, letter stickers: Sassafras Lass; journal sheet: Little Yellow Bicycle; frames: banner stickers: Jenni Bowlin Studio; Maya Road; tickets: Tim Holtz; string: Martha Stewart; spray ink: Studio Calico

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pages ladies - showcasing some lovely techniques. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh these layouts are gorgeous and it is so interesting that most of your ideas of perfection are simple and similar - family and friends ....oh and cupcakes. I will have to try this one as it's got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WOW WOW WOW WOW!! I am IN LOVE with all of these and WHAT A PERFECT CHALLENGE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect day for me would be a full day to travel! I love to walk and sightsee! I loved the theme of this challenge! Bjs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girls, this was such a fun challenge, I loved all your layouts, its amazing :) XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your layouts ladies!! i posted my take on wednesday and had a blast doing it! thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning layouts ladies - fantastic inspiration.

    I was inspired by Lisa's LO, as we had planned to visit London over the summer but couldn't afford it, so my dream day would be to go there.

    I didn't end up creating a layout though, it's something else. Hope it's okay that I've linked it even though it's not a traditional scrap page! Thanks for getting me thinking and making. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, don't forget to upload your Sunday challenge layouts to Inlinkz in the sidebar!